PODER PUERTO RICO
Last Updated: April 23, 2018
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you fill out a form, send us an email, sign up to receive email or text message updates, request information, make a donation, communicate with us via third party social media sites, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we collect may include your name, contact information (such as email address, postal address, phone number, mobile number), and other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Site
When you access or use our Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Site.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels” or “clear GIFs”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Site. For example, we may collect information about you from other organizations with whom we work and from publicly available sources. In addition, if you register to vote through TurboVote via the link on the Site, we will obtain certain information from TurboVote, and if you make a donation for our benefit through a third-party site accessed from the Site, we will obtain certain information about you from such third party.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Site and send you technical notices, updates, and support and administrative messages;
- Remind you to vote and register to vote;
- Provide and deliver the information you request, process donations and transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Respond to your emails, comments, questions and requests, request feedback, and otherwise contact you about your use of the Site;
- Send you updates, newsletters and otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various elections, campaigns, candidates, issues, events, resources, promotions, and services;
- Prepare any required government reporting;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Site;
- Personalize and improve the Site and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests or that are based on the information you provide or the actions you take; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Poder is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers or volunteers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With organizations, groups, campaigns, candidates, or causes that we believe have similar political viewpoints, principles or objectives or share similar goals and with organizations that facilitate communications and information sharing among such groups;
- When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests, claims or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders or as required for government reporting;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Poder, its employees, volunteers, constituents or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization, formation of new committee or successor organization, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of Poder; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Links to Other Websites
Social Sharing Features
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Site with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
For more information about Internet-based ads, or to opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit www.aboutads.info/choices.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies that may be used in connection with our Site. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site.
You may opt out of receiving text messages, updates and newsletters by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you other types of emails, such as those about your use of the Site or any donations or transactions.